Below you will find the various scientific themes I am working on with links to the relevant articles. See also the chronological list of my articles.
- Adaptive (radiative transfer) parameterisations
- Adaptive parameterisation schemes enable more physical parameterisations by splitting the computation in a more physical calculation and an adaptive (statistical) generalisation.
- Surrogate clouds
- Surrogate cloud fields have certain (statistical) properties of real cloud fields. These can be measured properties or theoretical ones.
- Homogenisation of climate records
- For the COST Action HOME, I am generating a surrogate dataset with station data with known inhomogeneities, which my colleagues then have to homogenise to test their algorithms.
- Cloud structure
- How to describe the (measurements of the) structure of cloud fields.
- Radar scattering due to cloud structures
- Bragg scatter due to cloud water structures (similar to humidity structures) may be able to dominate normal incoherent radar backscatter due to randomly distributed water droplets.
- Lidar dark band
- In the melting layer of precipitation a lidar often measures a dark band at about the same height as the radar bright band.
- Cloud top and base measurements
- Measuring cloud top and base height using lidar and radar.
- Atmospheric measurements
- A collection of beautiful remote sensing measurements.