Auf dem Huegel 20
Tel: +49 (0)228 73 5185
Fax: +49 (0)228 73 5188
University of Bonn
My research work can be accessed in three ways. 1) A list with various scientific themes,
with pdf-articles and often color examples and program codes (below are the main themes).
2) There is a chronological list of articles.
3) On my blog variable variability you can find more general or preliminary ideas.
- Adaptive parameterisations
- Adaptive parameterisation schemes enable more physical parameterisations by splitting the
computation in a more physical calculation and an adaptive (statistical) generalisation.
- Surrogate clouds
- Surrogate cloud fields have certain (statistical) properties of real cloud fields. These
can be measured properties or theoretical ones.
- Homogenisation of climate records
- A benchmark dataset to test homogenisation algorithms.
- Radar scattering due to cloud structures
- Bragg scatter due to cloud water structures in stead of humidity structures.
more research themes ...
- Quality of daily climate data
- Juli 2013. With some colleagues, we are working on a review on the homogeneity of daily climate data, to investigate to which extend studies on changes in extreme weather are actually studying non-climate changes..
- Multiple breakpoint problem
- March 2013. Longer climate time series typically contain more than one inhomgeneity (non-climatic change). A paper written together with Ralf Lindau on this statistical problem has just been published in a special issue on homogenisation.
- 3D radiative transfer
- Oktober 2012. A paper written together with Sebastian Gimeno Garcia and Thomas Trautmann on a new version of the 3D radiative transfer model MoCaRT and on downscaling of 3-dimensional cloud fields has been published.
- Benchmarking homogenization algorithms
- July 2012. The Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society has reported on the COST HOME benchmarking study.
- Homogenisation e-mail list
- An e-mail distribution list on homogenisation of climate data.
- Cloud research e-mail list
- An e-mail distribution list on cloud research and climate.
- Adaptive parameterisations and Transregio 32
- I am currently working on a DWD-project on adaptive parameterisations and in the Transregio 32 on structure and exchange processes between the ground, vegetation and atmosphere.
- Surrogate clouds
- My last DFG project on generating structured clouds to study 3D radiative transfer.
Last update: .