The instruments and models of the participants of the 4D-clouds project are
described on this page. Many more other instruments were operational during
the BBC-campaign and the BBC2-campaign in The Netherlands, e.g. the instruments of the
The database is now open to the public. Quick looks for BBC campaign can be found on the CLIWA-NET homepage, for BBC2 on the above mentioned homepage.
We hope many scientists will use our data, for them there is a page on the dataformat of the files and a page with the positions of the instruments.
Ground based instruments
- MICCY, 22 channel cloud radiometer
- PoWRad, Portable W-Band Radar
- MIRACLE, mm-wave cloud radar
- Infrared radiometer
- Oxygen-A-band spectrometer
- Airborne Research Platform of the FU Berlin with radiation measurements
- Cloud particle probes of GKSS
- Partenavia, radiation and microphysics measurements
- The source codes of the models of the IfM for light scattering of particles, microwave radiative transfer (MWMOD), and 3D-radiative transfer in clouds (GRIMALDI)
- Lokal Model, LM